The Home Front: Writing WWII Era Romances

Discover a Time... When Men had Courage and Grit. Discover a Time... When Women had Spunk and Elegance. Discover the Passion... Of a WWII Era Romance. Let Us Take You on an Unforgettable Journey...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County, California, United States

I'm a writer of WWII era romances. As a daughter and granddaughter of veterans, I have always felt compelled to write stories that honor our nation’s heroes and heroines. With a WWII era romance novel, I hope to touch the younger generations of Americans, who in return would want to learn more about the lives of those who have gone before us and the sacrifices they have made to ensure our freedoms. I also hope to reach out to those who lived through it all, giving them a pleasant walk down memory lane. What better characters for a romance than those from the Greatest Generation and in a setting considered the Last Great Romantic Era? Southern California is home, where I reside with my loving husband and two adorable sons.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Website, Writing and... Teething

Yep - only two months old and he's alrady teething. That means drooling (I mean, is there a spigot in there??!!), fussiness (or is that just being male?) and extra "deposits" in the diapers! Not that I mind that he's teething - I know the kid needs teeth eventually. But he could have waited until I finished revamping my website and adding the forums!! :) I think the only reason I finished most of the web page by 1 am this morning was the two triple shot venti mochas from Starbucks yesterday! And the idea to redo the graphics and add some more features came to me - again - at that 1am feeding. And then I couldn't get it out of my head! So by last drop of formula and the sleepy burp at the 5am feeding, I had everything figured out in my head as to what I wanted. I think it turned out pretty good - though my 17 year old claims no one will actually say their own work looks like crap! :) So I'll let you be the judge. Go to my web page: www.lornakgrant.us and let me know what you think. I still have to work on getting the games and puzzles finished. I have the clues done, just need to input and upload. But after hitting the bed at 1am, feeding Ryan at 130am and then again at 415am, then getting up at 515 when hubby had to go to SD for work today and working furiously on trying to finish the web page updates - I think I'll just take it easy for the rest of the day and enjoy the little one cuddling up to me and cooing. I love the little coo's - it's funny when he has a sudden burst of vocal volume and he seems so surprised that sound came from him! For that alone, I suppose I can forgive him for the whole teething thing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Crystal Stone said...

Wow...Congrats...And he is teething a little early I would have to say...I know everything will work out and you will eventually be able to get more sleep...I love what you are doing with the site...Thanks for letting me know about this blog...

2:36 AM  
Blogger robynl said...

I, too, love when they coo and gurgle. It just does something to one's heart.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home